Thursday

Ceilings, we have some cool ones.

I have decided to do a post just on the ceilings in our new house. When we show our house to friends and family the ceiling get the most attention.

The entry ceiling is not that dramatic with its lonely beam, but it will look great with the dramatic light fixture we ordered.

Rand thinks we should have dressed up the living room ceiling more, but I like the cleaner look in this room.
I have always dreamed of  having a coffered ceiling in my dining room.
It's now or never!
It has been Rand's dream to have exposed trusses in the family room. We got a lot of flak for painting these beams. My favorite was that we were breaking  the "wood-working religion" by painting them.  To put everyone's mind at ease - they are only pine... and were meant to be painted.
I have to give all credit to Rand on the master bedroom ceiling.  I wasn't sure the stained beams were going to look good with the painted tongue-in-groove ceiling.  I will admit I was SO wrong and they look awesome. They are my second favorite...which leaves my favorite - the kitchen.  I am not sure you can tell from the picture how truly awesome the ceiling is.

No comments:

Post a Comment